Our mission as the people of Christ Community Church is –
– To know, experience, and exalt the living God through worship, the teaching of His Word, and fellowship; and
– To make His Son Jesus Christ known to people in our community and in the world through evangelism, discipleship, and service until He returns.
Christ Community Church is a member congregation of the Christian and Missionary Alliance, a worldwide missionary and evangelical movement founded over a century ago and which currently includes over 2000 C&MA churches throughout all 50 states plus many churches and missions works in some 80 countries. “Christian” emphasizes our belief in the living Christ and the necessity of following Him as our all-sufficient Savior and Lord. “Missionary” indicates our responsibility and commitment of reaching people around the world with the good news of Jesus Christ. More information can be found on the website of the C&MA – www.cmalliance.org
The pastor of Christ Community Church is Gary Miller, who began serving in that role a few months after the church was formed in late 1990.
Although he had a church background in his childhood and teenage years, it was while he was in college that he came to a renewed commitment to Christ as his Savior and Lord. After graduating from Southwestern Oklahoma State University in Weatherford, he taught one year in secondary education in a public school. Following that he was called to church ministry and his first pastorate in 1971. He completed a Master’s degree at Dallas (Texas) Theological Seminary in 1981.
Much of his focus during his ministry in Sunday worship is preaching and teaching through various books of the Bible—both Old and New Testaments—verse-by-verse, which over the years has included: Acts, Ephesians, Colossians, 1st and 2nd Timothy, Genesis, Isaiah, Jonah, the Gospel of John, 2nd Corinthians, Revelation, Proverbs, and more recently the books of Daniel and Philemon. On other occasions he presents series on a particular Biblical theme as well as on single topics or Scripture texts.
He and his wife Linda, also a graduate of Southwestern, have been married for 49 years and have 3 adult children and 7 grandchildren.
Leadership of the Church
The pastor together with the following selected elders make up the leadership team of the church:
• Dr. Blake Sonobe, retired after serving for several years as Vice-Chancellor for the Oklahoma State Board of Regents of Higher Education and prior to that as Provost of Southwestern Oklahoma State University.
• Rick Schmidt, who works for a local construction business.
• Rick Webb, sales and construction manager with Sawatzky Construction.
Christian Radio Sponsor
Christ Community Church is one of several churches in Weatherford who have been involved in sponsoring the local Christian radio outlet KAYM, 90.5 FM with 24-hour programming from American Family Radio.